9.27.2013

Monochromatic Lace

Black and nude. One of my favorite color pairings... something about it is so sexy and intimate. When I saw this top on Forever 21's Love 21 section about a year ago, I knew I had to have it! There's a soft layer of nude and a black lacy overlay. I'm not a girly girl in terms of pink or ruffles by any means, but lace- lace I can do.
It's probably hard to tell, but there are little studs along the collar of the top and so a match was made in heaven when I paired it with my trusty studded belt! p.s. don't get stuck in traffic and then take outfit photos, you will have the serious case of crotch-wrinkles! haha- okay that sounded less gross in my head.
top, belt: f21, old (save, splurge) | jeans: c/o j brand  | flats: old navy | bag: 3.1 phillip lim x target | watch: ae (savesplurge) | sunnies: rayban

What's happening this week:
  • Featured on Real Girl Glam on their Real Girl Style link-up! Thank you, thank you!
  • My room is a disaster from trying to fit a fully operating office/work space into a tiny bedroom, but I like to refer to it as "my organized chaos"
  • Been obsessed with these J Brand black skinnies! I live in black skinny jeans and since I received this pair from their #LittleBlackJean contest, I haven't taken them off! Clearly.
  • Weather is finally cooling off again. I say again because it was already cool before I moved from Utah and it was weird to have to suffer through summer again. It's time to break out boots and booties and leather jackets already! I'm dying here! (flutters hand dramatically on forehead)
  • B comes home in 5 days! *happy dance*
  • After holding the Kate Spade beau, I wasn't too thrilled at how much leg space I'd be sacrificing in the car and how boxy it was (although the leopard Kate Spade beau is to die for and I'll never turn it down in a million years). And after much thought, even though the Zac Posen is still my #1 dream bag (holy hotness batman), I couldn't justify the $600 price tag when the bag was... well, 75% plastic. And I'm not so sure how the vinyl will hold up against the cold and over time. Plus, I heard vinyl is so crazy easy to stain and gurrrl with me, denim stains are sadly inevitable. So I went in a different, simpler direction. Reveal coming soon!
  • How awesome are these 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target bags? SO AWESOME. The totes were definitely bigger than I thought but that's okay since I'm a compulsive hoarder/shopper so I'm sure I'll find something to stuff it with. And the mini satchels are so freaking cute and also fit only a small cookie.

28 comments:

  1. Great outfit. Love the purse. They sold out of it before I could get my hands on one :(

    Thank you for linking up. See you next Thursday.
    Have a good weekend!!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, bag is adorbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit.
    Visiting from what I wore link up. New follower here.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Julie that top is super gorgeous.. I have a natural weakness for lace, but this one is really delicate looking :) Love it!

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so lucky to have snagged that Philip Lim for Target bag...it was sold out at my Target. I'm hoping someone will return one and I can snag it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed up all night so I could get it online! Phillip Lim is one of my all-time favorite bag designers :)

      Delete
  6. aww heart this outfit! the lace is so pretty on you! i love your bag! i need a good structured statement bag like that for the fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all about black skinnies too! Yours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Gosh oh moly! Im so GLAD I FOUND THIS BLOG!!! such cute style...totally followed you via GFC..follow back if you wish! :)

    http://thepinnestsjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are too sweet! of course i'll follow you back :)

      Delete
  9. Just discovered your blog through Jen from Herwaisechoice! The lace top is super delicate and dainty and I love that you kept it simple with a black & white head to toe look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the lace top and great Philip Lim x Target score!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lace top is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this top, it's so pretty! My room is also a disaster from trying to fit too much in it! I've had to add an extra wardrobe and chest of drawers, plus my bike haha. Oh dear.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look classy and beautiful! Love the lace top!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this simple yet so chic look, Julie! So jealous that you got one of those PL x Target bags. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like this will never go out of style and will always be classy and pulled-together! Love your black Phillip Lim bag! I grabbed the taupe one :)

    ~Jacy
    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This outfit is so me.. great find with the lace top, by the way! Forever 21 is so spotty with their clothes, but occasionally there are some hidden gems in their stores. Stopping by from the GFC Collective, and I'd love for you to drop by my blog if you get the chance. Hope you have a fabulous rest of your weekend!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely outfit :) Your lace top is very beautiful :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous top girl!! You look amazing!
    And your comment about me looking like Adriana Lima? Wow, that's high-praise! I'm blushing! :D
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally forgot about the Target collab and missed it! Lucky you, you and your bag look great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is the phillip lim bag sold out? the link is leading me to a page that cannot be found.

    congrats on getting featured!

    (www.crodeal.com)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm also a sucker for lace! Black and nude is a perfect combo any day :)

    As cute as the bags were, the totes were too big for my liking and the satchels were teeny tiny! And unfortunately the clothing ran way too big so I didn't keep anything I ordered! So wishing some of the floral stuff fit me better though :(

    Have a great week!
    Kamola
    www.99boxesofshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so awesome! <3
    i love it, 'm a new follower!
    I'm a beginning fashion blogger check out my blog www.shawsy.blogspot.com
    Follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your lace top is so pretty! And I love the shape of your bag!

    Please vote for me -->http://www.onlineshoes.com/monthly-shoe-styling-contest

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG another philip lim x target bag!! i'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you for taking the time to leave your sweet thoughts. Leave me your blog link and I will try to give back the love!